Rewriting passive text into the active voice has several benefits:
- It makes your writing more interesting
- You can usually write the same information in fewer words
- Frontloading becomes easier
- Sentences become easier for readers to decode
- It helps you address the reader directly
Using the active voice naturally helps you write in the first person and address the reader directly. For example, “I am” writing this guide using the same words I would say to “you” in a face-to-face presentation setting.